The best way to install Opti-Rite® 2 (and all other heavy weight commercial grade wall-coverings requiring a dry hang) is to use the double-stick method many commercial wall-covering installers use when dry hanging wall-coverings.
- First make sure the wall is sound and sealed with a good quality acrylic wall-covering primer.
- Apply a thin application of the heavy duty (or extra strength) clay based adhesive to the area to receive the dry erase wall-covering.
- Allow the clay-based adhesive to flash off (this will act like a wall-covering size - of days of old wall-covering installations); under normal ambient temperatures in a HVAC controlled environment (68-72 degrees Fahrenheit) the thin application should not take long to flash off.
- Apply another thin application of clay based adhesive and wait a few minutes (the moisture from the 2nd application will begin to flash off and wick into the first application and create a higher tack adhesive faster and more evenly than a freshly rolled on coat)
- Follow the standard Opti-Rite® installation instructions for dry erase wall coverings.